My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Towrags, SewEzi, Kathy Anso, Linda Rae, Bernina and Catherine MacDonald on The NZ Quilt Show

Welcome to the final Christchurch Symposium 2017 podcast.  You can listen to the others in this series over on my podcast site here.  It's been a busy few months for me, with a month's holiday, then selling the boat, and moving house, so I apologise to all my wonderful guests who have waited patiently for me to publish their interviews.

In this final roundup, you will hear:


The TOWRAGS (Totally Organised Women Religious Attending Group Sex Stitching) Sheryl Anicich, Irene, Debra DeLorenzo, Jeanie O’Sullivan (kneeling) and Gaynor.  Missing is Ngaire and Pat.  This group of talented women won four awards between them at Christchurch Quilt Symposium 2017.


Their 'People of Colour' quilt won the merit award in the Power of Two category.


You'll hear me mention the Great Hall in the Christchurch Arts Centre in the podcast, and here is the beautiful ceiling that I was craning my neck to look at.


I get to talk to New Zealand's very own Catherine Davis-Colley, the designer of the SewEzi table.  2017 saw SewEzi celebrate 15 very successful years of production.


Kathy Anso, in front of her quilt "Keeping the Mojo #2", talks to me about the Students of Nancy Crow exhibition that she curated.  


Linda Rae, also part of the Students of Nancy Crow exhibition, in front of her quilt "Split".


Glynn Singleton (Managing Director) and Rebecca Owen (Long Armer Extraordinaire) on the Bernina stand.  Bernina were the major sponsor of Christchurch Quilt Symposium 2017, providing 286 hire machines, 1.2 kilometres of duct tape, 120 extension leads and 130 multi boxes!! Plus multiple prizes, technical support and all those other wonderful things sponsors do.

2018 is Bernina's 125th anniversary, so some of the things Glynn talks about as coming up, are now rolling out.  Keep your eyes peeled.


Catherine MacDonald and her husband in front of her hand-treated fabric booth, Mallee Textiles.



And here's an accurate picture of how Catherine (the convener of the symposium) was feeling by the end of the week!  She and her trusty committee were ready for a much-needed nap!

Thank you to all my faithful listeners and wonderful guests.  I'm organising a new line up for the rest of 2018, so stay tuned!



Download this episode (right click and save)

Remember, you can subscribe to my podcast in iTunes or most podcast apps, just search for The New Zealand Quilt Show, or The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!