My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Podcast - Convo with Mathea Daunheimer

Hi all.  I recently recorded a conversation with my good friend, textile artist Mathea Daunheimer.  We chatted about working in a series, combining new techniques with old and staying true to your artist voice.  We also talked about entering shows and gave our top tips for entering quilt shows.

Mathea was busy painting a quilt while we talked.  She has been working on a series of dragons.  (I was very busy having a cup of tea.)



Here's the 12 x 12 orange and blue colour challenge that was issued by the Kerikeri Quilters.  These are displayed on my gallery walls at the moment, but were originally part of the Kerikeri Quilters exhibition in January.  You can see Mathea's dragon quilt on the top left of the six on the separate wall.


This is Mathea's current 'Mummy Without Coffee' quilt that is in progress.  I shamelessly stole a picture from Mathea's Facebook page - which you can find here.

You can see great progress shots of her other dragon quilts at her blog, which you'll find here.

I hope you enjoy listening in and if you have any questions for us, please leave them below in the comments and we'll get back to you.



Download this episode (right click and save)


1 comment:

  1. HI Charlotte, I enjoy listening to your podcasts :-) Seems like I have more listening to do this afernoon when I sew!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!