My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Just popping in

My daughter read this book to me today, "Mrs. Squirrel and Hazel."  It was my mother in laws favourite childhood book.  Isn't it sweet?


I'm just popping in to say hello.  We are busy, pushing hard to get the last of the painting on the boat finished so we can start moving on board.  It's taking lots of time, so not much quilting, or blogging, is being done. 


We've moved Cerego to her new berth.  You can see her here, very far in the distance, beside the buildings in the middle of the picture.  Ok, I can see her because I know what I'm looking for, but you might not - I assure you she is there!

So this weekend will bring more painting, hopefully the last of it.  I hope you have a productive weekend whatever you're up to.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of that book before, so cool that it's come down through the family :-) Beautiful bottom photo.... hope the painting goes well, it must be getting quite exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a nice book. Happy painting weekend, looks like good weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, getting so close. When are you hoping to move on board?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte. I don't know if you've seen this. I follow this woman on youtube, as she has some good technique videos, but this one is about how she has set up her studio on a boat! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYsAJOe2gw&list=TLgOAmTQw-I1MhY_MEzh9HO5lrD6zAh6ih

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!