I used to want to camouflage myself and hide, like this frog I found on the choko vine, but the kids are pretty good these days, they seem to be able to harmoniously play Lego (best toy ever) together for hours - touch wood!
In fact, I've already been able to cross off a few things that were on my holiday to-do list. The 4 inch wide border is on my Creme Brulee quilt top and it is perfect - just what it needed. Now it needs backing and basting and quilting...whole 'nother story.
And my resolution to finish two things in my WIP pile before I start another project really seems to be working for me. I pulled out this little wall hanging I had been making as a sample of my positive/negative applique blocks and finished it off.
I had quilted with a design I liked, but had quilted right over the motifs, which I didn't like. And I had unpicked most of it too, so all it needed was a little more unpicking and then a machine binding (so quick!) and some little hanging corners. Another thing out of the WIP's and into the finished pile.
*Edited to add: Must give credit where credit is due! I think I saw this first on Raewyn's blog lovetostitch www.stitchingfarmgirl.blogspot.co.nz It needs a nice small dowel, the chunky stick I used is a bit thick and will distort the wallhanging a bit.
I've also spent time in the garden and pulled out the finished tomatoes, planted lettuces and leeks and have been revamping a couple of flower pots. I've chopped down and stump-swabbed tobacco weed (horrible stuff) and rejoiced in the rain we've finally been getting after one of the worst country-wide summer droughts we've ever seen.
So now I'm off to polish my halo and empty the dishwasher.