My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Photography

Today was the last day of school holidays.  Big sigh of relief from me!  Yesterday we thought we'd make the most of our last day with visiting cousins and get out and about.


My hubby picked us up from Parekura Bay in his boat and took us for a short trip to Urupukapuka Island.  Looks really picturesque, huh?  Well you could lean at about a 45 degree angle and not fall over...howling gale!


We took a walk to a slightly more sheltered beach where I practiced my photography.  These are variable oyster catchers.


The endangered dotterel was tricky, they don't stand still for long.  He was flipping seaweed over to look for critters.


Aren't these colours intense?  And not a photoshop in sight I promise!  See the shags?  (Comorants, for those non-Kiwis).


Here they are closer.


And closer still.


They were having trouble drying their wings because the wind gusts would buffet them too much.



And just a couple of shots of a couple of my beautiful nieces.  They sometimes sit still longer than a dotterel...

It was a beautiful day despite the wind.  And then we finished it off with scallops for dinner.  Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the new camera is living up to expectations. Well done on getting some kid photos without the geeky faces! Maybe it's because they were posing for Aunty Lottie? Or did you take them surreptitiously?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!